TO SEEK TRUTH AND TO UTTER WHAT ONE BELIEVES TO BE TRUE CAN NEVER BE A CRIME. NO ONE MUST BE FORCED TO ACCEPT A CONVICTION. CONVICTION IS FREE.
We can believe what we choose. We are answerable for what we choose to believe.
--John Henry Newman
Church communities are not always the easiest or best places to ask difficult or controversial questions. This can be because there are some issues that simply cannot be discussed safely in your church, or perhaps it is because of bad experiences in the past. No matter the reason, this space is being created for people to ask the questions they have without judgment or fear of being ostracized.
So here is how this will work:
- Each Ask Anything event will be made public on Facebook at least two weeks in advance. One week before the event the questions to be explored will be announced. These are based on the questions that are submitted online at the bottom of this page.
- These events will take place on a Sunday night for two hours. The setting will be informal. You are welcome to eat before you come, or bring something to eat while we work through these things together.
- Soon after each session a brief summary of what we covered, including handouts and resources, will be posted on my blog and sent out through social media. This will enable those who attended to be able to continue the conversation, and those who cannot attend to keep up with the things we are exploring.
Who is Ask Anything for?
- For people who are connected to faith communities who have real questions and are looking for a place to explore them.
- For people who are skeptical or have serious doubts about faith, especially the Christian faith.
- For people who enjoy meaningful, thought-provoking dialogue in a safe environment.
All questions and questioners are welcome.
Submit your questions below.